Before you even begin to start tattooing, you need to understand the basics.
Number One is Safety. Your Safety and The Customers Safety.
Following the correct safety guidelines will keep your customers safe and you out of trouble.
For your own good, DO NOT skip these tattooing basics. These are the building blocks to becoming a good tattoo artist.
- Station set up / Barrier protection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-QcZg63YA4&t=9s
- Occupational Safety & Health Training, OSHAcademy Study Guide: OSHAcademy Tattoo and Body Art Safety Study Guide
- United States regulations associated with tattooing: CDC NIOSH Workplace Safety Topics: Body Art
Before you can jump right into tattooing, you need to understand how setup your equipment.
- Basic Set Up with Machine and Power Source
- Finding an apprenticeship https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVUkR_kflKw